If I told you I was on vacation for the past month, would you forgive me for not writing?
Well, regardless of whether or not I have your forgiveness, I wasn’t actually on vacation. I don’t actually have a good excuse for not writing. This month, I’ve been trying out a new work schedule, which leaves me with a shorter lunch hour, and that’s when I used to get some blogging in. And poor excuse #2 is that we’ve been blazing through the first two seasons of The Walking Dead. Let me tell you. It’s hard to do anything else when walkers are out there.
And now we’re stuck because we can’t find Season 3.
Anyway, I feel like I need to update my faithful readers on some of the topics I started but have left you hanging on:
Insanity: Yes, it really is insane. We lasted a little over two weeks (actually, Caleb lasted a little longer than I did). The program overall is really effective, but I particularly found difficultly giving 40 minutes of my day to working out, when I work full-time and prefer to spend my evenings with my family. I would fall into bed exhausted, and frankly, it’s not worth it. There is a new workout program by the creators of Insanity that’s only 25 minutes long, and I think that would be much easier to stick to, but the results wouldn’t be as fast. So really, I would love to do it again, but I’m not motivated enough at this time.
Ava’s weight: We saw the doctor at the beginning of August (yes, I know, such a bad blogger!) and she’s doing well! She gained a pound, which I honestly thought wouldn’t be enough to please this guy, but turns out that’s exactly the amount most babies gain between their 12-13th months! He said she should be good as long as she continues to gain consistently. Now we are trying to reintroduce healthier eating habits, but make sure she snacks and drinks a lot of milk as well. I don’t want her to have weight issues on the other end of the spectrum in 5 years because the doctor had me eating everything smothered with butter.
Those are the two biggest updates I have at the moment. My new goal for blogging, since I have been so focused on not blogging recently, is one post a week. If I can muster up more, I will. But by golly, I’m going to post at least once a week! And I better get grief if I don’t!
Now, onto some pictures of my beautiful 14 month old!
1. Ava not only still loves playing in her kitchen, but she’s more expressive than ever! She’s starting to talk more, and says “stir, stir” as she stirs, and makes noises like water is running when she washes her dishes.
2. Reading is one of her favorite things to do. She will drag a book across the room, or even from one room to another, hand it to me, and climb up on my lab. (In case you caught it, yes she’s still crawling. She has taken steps, but prefers to grab my hand and walk with me than do it by herself. That or she crawls, because it’s faster.)
3. Ava has not allowed anything to be on her face until last week. She finally will wear her sunglasses, but she holds her head very still, like she’s afraid they will fall off. It’s so cute.
4. Occasionally, we wear her out to the point that she falls asleep. I don’t remember exactly where we had come home from, but she fell asleep in her car seat and didn’t even wake up when we brought her home!
5. Daddy, Ava, and I went to visit my grandma last weekend, and she brought out all of the really old baby toys she has from (I think) when my mom was a little girl. I remember playing with them as a kid, and it’s awesome that Ava gets to play with them now.
That’s in for today! Hopefully I have redeemed myself at least a little bit. My plans for upcoming posts include my thoughts on the new car seat we got Ava. Let me tell you… she LOVES not being so crowded like she was in her infant seat!